With the right tools, anyone can do marketing!
It has really been a crazy year for marketing and advertising on Facebook with a focus on privacy ensure Internet users have more control especially when it comes to their user experience.
Eminence, your digital agency, highlights to the top 5 Facebook top updates of the year.
- About A/B Testing:
To ensure that you are on the right track, it is necessary to test the same ad on two different audiences to determine what works best and improve your future campaigns. You can also test two variants of content to identify the one that gives the best results.
How does it work?
- First, A/B tests divide your audience into random groups that do not overlap.
- Each set of ads tested has a distinct difference, called a variable. Facebook copies your ads and changes only the unique variable of your choice.
- You are advised to test only one variable at a time. For example, if you compare two different audiences, you cannot test two types of broadcast optimization at the same time, as you may not know what change is due to the variation in performance.
- Thus, the cost per result of each set of ads will be calculated and compared. The set of ads with the cost per result (for example, the cost per purchase on the website). The calculations are performed using the Facebook Attribution system.
- Once the test is complete, you will receive a notification and an e-mail with the results. These insights can help guide your advertising strategy so that you design your next successful campaign.
For more details on Facebook Split testing & Test and Learn, visit this link: https://bit.ly/2sev3zO
- Discover the Google URL builder:
If you want to effectively manage your advertising campaigns, you must be able to accurately measure their results.
Before you can measure anything, you need to tell Google Analytics how to recognize and qualify traffic to your site: which platform, campaign or keywords are used. This can be done by correctly defining the UTM settings of the links used in your advertising campaigns.
How can you use Google Analytics to track your Facebook Ads campaigns?
Step 1: You must define your campaign by setting the objectives and framework of the campaign (schedule, budget). You are also asked to determine the types of Facebook Ads campaigns using their targeting and variations.
Step 2: Prepare the advanced tracking using the URL Builder tool. This tool makes it very easy to generate URLs by entering the data we are interested in, in the fields provided. You are free to choose the settings that suit you.
Step 3: You must create your campaign and reports.
Then, once you can view all the ads for each campaign, you must make follow-up optimizations by modifying the “Website URL” and “Show Link” fields of each ad.
In the “Website URL” field, it is necessary to fill in our shortened URL containing all the added information.
For the “Show link” field, it is preferable to use a visual site name because it is more reassuring for the user. For example, you can specify the home page of your site. For the Internet user, this address will be displayed on the ad and, when they click on it, the optimized URL will be used.
Step 4: Now you are invited to create your Google Analytics report.
Visit this link for more information on how to use Google Analytics URL Builder on Facebook: https://bit.ly/2E3CQTP
- Request Review of Disabled Business Account
If you don’t comply with Facebook’s advertising rules or other standards, you may block your business account and any associated active advertising account. This is to ensure that Facebook remains a safe space.
If you wish to review the account that has been disabled, Facebook has a process which can be filled out here: https://bit.ly/36Gzcf9
- Responsive announcements are posted on Facebook
Like Google Ads, Facebook has launched a new feature for responsive ads.
Called “Multiple Text Optimization”, which allows advertisers to create multiple versions of titles, ad copies and descriptions for an ad in a single media.
Facebook’s ad system then dynamically serves the combination it determines to produce the best results and control how your ads appear.
- Facebook Search opens advertising to more advertisers
More advertisers can now place ads in Facebook’s search results, a placement that has been undergoing testing since last year.
Facebook Search ads were first tested in some companies mainly in the United States last December. But now it seems that more advertisers can benefit from Facebook search, which appears as a placement option when setting up advertising campaigns. This will help the company place an ad in Facebook Search that will display for search terms related to the company’s offers.
What do you think of these innovations? Eminence always keeps you up to date on all the latest technological developments and helps you take advantage of digital trends by offering you the latest digital solutions to grow your business.